Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Random Thoughts

Somewhere in the Cascades, Washington State

The last pic I took of Coal, Carol's newfie

Chihuly glass exhibit at the Space Needle, Seattle WA
I haven't been posting much lately due to a long list of reasons. The main one is that my mind has been in a continuous state of chaos. An overload of information, grief, and sorrow. The least little thing will set me off into a whirlwind of panic.

Once I realized this, yesterday afternoon, the calming began. There are some things beyond our control, and yes, we make some horrible decisions at times. Learning to live with those facts is part of being mature, of growing. Today the world is better and I am once again somewhat in control of my feelings. Time will tell. But there are a few points to ponder:

The weather is changing because of what we have done to this planet. So yeah, it is hotter than hell in the Midwest, records are being broken with the amount of rainfall we have had this year, and complaining about it does absolutely nothing. Deal with it.

A dentist from Minnesota thought it would be a good idea to shoot a beloved lion to death. May that dentist have his teeth rot, fall out of his mouth, and lose every single patient in his practice. What an asshole. This proves that just because you have a medical education and money, that does not mean you have a heart or conscience. Idiot.

Sometimes your wake-up call comes in a sneaky little way, tapping your brain into action. This happened to me this past weekend. I have gained 20 pounds over the past 3 years that is causing me some health issues. I knew that. I understood that. I also knew that returning to Weight Watchers would take care of the weight issue. Did I do anything about it? Why, no. Glad you asked. Then I took a certification class for Silver Sneakers on Saturday, and had to sit facing the big mirrors in the aerobics room, instead of my normal position with my back to the wall of mirrors. Holy Shit. My food journal and counting points started this past Sunday morning. I've lost 3 pounds. Onward.

The only way is up. Enjoy the climb.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment