Friday, May 22, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

The puppy Libby, over for a visit
Memorial Day, the time to buy a mattress!!!

Kohl's has 30% off your entire purchase!!!

Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the place to be. The race! The food! The entertainment! The 35 cent increase per gallon in gas, because hey! It's Republican Indiana and we must price gouge when we can.

Does anyone remember, or care, what the phrase "Memorial Day" stands for? It's not about sales, or picnics, getting drunk out on a lake driving the boat for the first time this season, or the damn race. It's about remembering those you are no longer with us. About those who fell defending this country.  It's suppose to be a time for decorating graves, reflection, for saying a prayer. Honoring those we have lost.

The older I get, the more cynical I become. And the less tolerance I have for the "me! me! me!" attitudes. Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy it.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment