Thursday, April 30, 2015

TBT

Charleston, SC May 2011

Charleston, SC May 2011. My new home. Uh huh.


Under the pier at Folly Beach, SC. May 2011

I want to return to this spot

View from our hotel room balcony, shot in black and white
On May 1, 2011, Pat and I left from Avon IN at 5am, and drove to Asheville, NC. It was a pretty drive, or it would have been if we weren't semi-terrified of the driving rain. Driving in the mountains through pouring rain for hours was not a fun time. But we made it.

This was and is one of my favorite vacations. The other being the trip to Seattle 2 years ago. I had never stayed on a beach before, and even though we were in a 12 story hotel and on the 8th floor, it was soothing to hear the ocean waves at night. We slept with the balcony door open every night we were there. I walked this beach at least twice a day. The water was warm and relaxing.

Enjoy your day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment