Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wild Weather Week

Boy. Say that fast 3 times. Good Morning!! I have a little recap of my weekend in Moline, IL.

First of all, it is a long, long drive from Indianapolis to Moline. Long. Did I say that? And the weather didn't cooperate (surprised? I'm not.) with the winds out of the west. So for the first 100 miles I was driving due west, then I-74 bends to the northwest. Needless to say, I burned a whole lot of gas.

After checking into the hotel, I decided to find the scrap book store before heading out for dinner. The ladies that arranged this did a great job: the store was 2 blocks from the hotel. If you are ever in Moline, IL., please stop in at The Scrapbook Studio. It is filled to the brim with all kinds of goodies for making pages, cards, and mixed media. I spent money. And we aren't surprised at that, either.
This is Dyan Reaveley in the store on Friday night. The owner had set up a "meet and greet" from 6 to 8, so I had to go to that. Had to. Dyan is a lovely lady, very open and giving. She had a stack of her completed journals on the counter, and we could look through them, take pictures, she didn't mind at all.
This is an example of one of her journal pages. You do what YOU want to do in your art journal. You are doing this for you, not anyone else. But I've got to say, each of her pages could be framed and hung on the wall. Not mine. ......
The above are various size tags she has done in the same format. She has used her spray inks, stencils, and stamps. I love the one on the left of the woman with 3 men behind her.
This is a combination of some of her stamps. Love the fish swimming in the background. Her detail is so vivid in color. I'm still working on that. Trying to avoid making mud on my pages. It does take some practice.
We did a man similar to the one on the tag above. Not as much detail. It was a fun project. She had us loop our black pen around on the page, making different size loops and circles. We then journaled across that, writing fast and large, whatever you wanted. I ended up doing the song lyrics to "I Saw Her Standing There". We then drew around the template of the man, as you see him here. Using a black paint dabber, we put black paint around him, then went back and filled in all the individual loops that were showing with Dylusion inks. Loved the process. And I am doing it again.

Moline is a very clean town. Not fond of the narrow bridge going over the Mississippi. Scary, folks. I went to dinner with three ladies from Chicago metro area in Bittendorf, IA. A good time was had by all.

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment