Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring?

Dyan Reaveley
I took this shot Monday afternoon. It is now Friday, and all but a few little piles of snow are gone. The high today will be 55, and it is most welcome. Had enough of cold, snow, and ice. It's time to clean up the yard and trim back plants. Unfortunately, no one has told that to Mother Nature. We have a chance for snow flurries next week. What???

This is another canvas I finished last week. The design in the upper left hand corner is molding paste that I tinted with red ink, then spread over a plastic stencil to achieve that shape. I let it dry overnight, then realized that the entire canvas was too pink. So I ran a stamp wheel over it that left the black dots, and spread a little white paint here and there. It's all good.

I am very excited about an adventure happening in two weeks. Yesterday, while surfing the net, I found that one of our favorite designers/artists was going to be in Moline, IL. on April 12th and 13th. When I called The Scrapbooking Studio, they told me that yes, there were still openings in the classes. I booked the 2 Saturday classes. The designer is Dyan Reaveley, and if you are into art journaling, you probably know who this is. She developed the Dylusions line with Ranger products. Ms. Reaveley is from northern England, so going to Moline is the closest I am personally going to get to her. Can't wait!!! I just know these classes are going to be beyond fun.

Have a wonderful, warm weekend.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment