Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beating the rain


We're bored mom. There's nothing to do, mom.

Sometimes the dogs are just like little kids. I know when they need to get out and play or run, because they will literally follow me around the house with these pitiful looks on their faces. We have rain coming in that is to last for the next 36 hours, so I hustled them out this morning for a good run at the dog park. It worked. Both are now sleeping.


I thought you might like to see a few of Cathy's mixed media canvases as well. I love these two. They are so bright and full of life. Even though we are basically doing the same thing, using the same materials, our styles are very different. I think Cathy is more of a fashion designer than I am. That might be the result of living with her 17 year old niece, who is, of course, always on top of the latest colors and styles. What 17 year old isn't?

All of our canvases are now on display at Allyscraps, the scrap book store that Cathy owns. We are trying to get some interest going, and I think it's working. Classes should be scheduled within the next week or two. If you look closely, the backgrounds to both of her creations are bits and pieces of scrapbook paper. I was using pattern pieces, book pages, and paint on mine because I had a hard time getting the scrapbook paper to adhere. Then Cath told me I wasn't using enough Mod Podge. I am a frugal crafter, if nothing else. Since I started to do it her way, I too am only using paper for the backgrounds. Love it.

Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment