Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Contented Puppies



We have had an adjustment in the past 10 days. The doggie day care that I occasionally used closed. On the advice of another dog mom, I tried one that has been in business for over a year. It was a good decision.

With the cold weather, I have difficulty walking. Doesn't seem to matter how I dress, the cold seeps into my back and hips and makes life not particularly nice. So what do you do with bored dogs? You take them to a doggie day care that has plenty of room, and plays with the herd to boot. Another plus: they do baths and nail trimming.

Back up to last week. The weather was very nice, although windy. Temperatures were in the mid to upper 50's, and I decided it was bath day. Thinking that my two weirdos were in the living room not paying attention to me, I pulled the stack of dog towels out of the linen closet to put in the hall bath. Big mistake. Jake saw me, and that friends was the end of that idea. He would not come near me for 5 hours. I tried everything: treats, offers of a ride in the car, toys, everything I could think of. Even sat on the floor and played with Gracie. Little Shit would come no closer than 6 feet.

Yesterday I made arrangements for Puppy Playground to bathe the beasts. This woman knows what she is doing. The dogs played for over 4 hours, and THEN she gave them a bath. By the end of the play period, they were so tired, she said, they just caved. I like it!

Life is good.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment