Monday, December 31, 2012

This is THE winter


We had a light dusting of snow, once, last winter. So what has been dumped on us in the past week is not really surprising. 7.5 inches on December 26th, and another 5.3 inches on December 28th. More snow is on the way later today, and unfortunately it could turn into another big storm. Depends on how much moisture pumps in from the southwest.

Shoveling is a thing of the past for me. My back won't allow it. I did shovel some on Saturday, but had to quit. So it appears that I will have a driveway full of packed ice for the next week or so. Sigh.

But on Saturday I sent a text to Melissa and asked if Dega would like a snow play date in our backyard. Dega always says YES. He never declines a chance to come and play with Gracie May. Not too fond of the little guy. Jake barks at Dega. A lot.

Look at Dega's legs. And, by the way, the coat did not last long. It came loose, and Jake tried to have a tug of war with it while the coat was still on Dega. Melissa had to remove it. For whatever reason, the snow packs on this dog's fur. I mean, packs. When we brought him in, Melissa and I both tried to pull off the balls on his legs. You could sometimes break them up, but not pull them off. I finally said the hell with it, no big deal to the house, let's just let them play. The human mom's wanted to play with our new phones, Samsung Galaxy Note II. (go buy one, now.)

So the dogs were allowed to roam around the house, run from window to window, and play with the basket of toys. I had water everywhere. There was a lake in the kitchen from melting snow balls off all 3 babies. No biggie. It wipes up.

We had fun. And that is what's important.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment