Friday, November 23, 2012

Winter Light




During the late fall and winter months, I open the blinds on the two bedroom windows all the way. This is a favorite spot for the dogs to look out at their world. They lie on the bed, sometimes making a bed of the pillows (Jake), and if they hear something, the windows are right there to gaze out at the yard. This is the time of year that I can get great shots of the pups with just natural light.

Yesterday morning I hit on the bright idea (it takes me awhile sometimes) of sitting on the floor with my back up against the wall, shooting towards the dogs. Gracie takes it in stride, having had the big Canon D40 stuck in her face since she was a baby. Jake is still fearful of that black thing mom holds in front of her face. So I talked, very low, to him the entire time. Look at the light in his eyes. That is a natural light that gives his face depth, something I strive for. Love it.

My babies. Have a great day. We stay home on Black Friday. About the only thing we'll venture out for on this day is a walk. Stay safe.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment