Monday, July 23, 2012

Hibiscus


My Hibiscus plants survived the winter, and with a great deal of watering will survive the drought. THIS is what I don't understand: we have had almost 40 days of day time temperatures over 90 degrees, at least 7 days over 100 degrees. Yet look at this plant. The blooms are huge, perfectly shaped.

Please note all of the dead blooms lying on the ground around the plants. The bad aspect is the bloom lasts 24 hours, then will dry and fall off. For whatever reason, the pink plant is doing far better than the red plant behind it.

The worse drought in Indiana in 56 years, and the best blooms I've had on this particular plant. Sigh.

Stay cool. Pray for rain. We are in a very serious situation here, as I'm sure other areas in the country are experiencing as well. Global warming: fact or fiction? My money is on a definite fact. And it scares the crap out of me.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment