Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dry



Cone flowers are very easy to grow, normally. They do need a lot of moisture, so I have been making sure they get a good drink at least every other day. One of the reasons I plant them, everywhere, is that finches love the tiny thistles that form after the flower dries. I won't cut back the plants until spring, leaving the dried clumps for all of the birds. Kind of a neat way to give back to nature.

The dryness of the ground doesn't seem to be bothering the Diva. Gracie does prefer green grass to graze, which is still available up against the house under the faucet, but running around on the straw is just fine for the Diva Princess. However. I have watched my boy pick up his paws repeatedly this past week, licking the pads, looking at me with those pathetic eyes. Straw sticks in, and can feel like little needles. Jake is not happy with that aspect of the yard. When he's had enough, he'll come up on the deck to sit by me.

Chance of rain this afternoon. If I knew a rain dance, it would be performed.
Be safe.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment