Friday, May 4, 2012

We're Bored!



I have had problems with my back all week. Let me back-up a bit: I have ALWAYS had problems with my back due to scoliosis, which was a birth defect. I'm missing the second lumbar vertebra, so my back curves like the old "S" curve on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. Back to this week. I think the change in weather, particularly the humidity, has caused my arthritis to flare. Combine this with a touch of sciatica, and there you have it.

Consequently, we didn't go for a walk yesterday. I had to get the lawn mowed before the next wave of storms comes in, so I made the executive decision to mow instead of walking. My babies are not happy. My babies are spoiled. I knew the back would not withstand both the yard work and the walk. Besides, it got damn hot yesterday. They (the babies) would not have been happy on a walk.

However, they were not happy with me anyway, because they did get a bath. This is a major undertaking with two dogs. No matter how you do it, the dog that is second knows that the first dog had a bath. No disguising this fact. So catching the second dog after the first dog is running around wet, glad it's over, and secretly making na-na, boo-boo noises is not an easy task. But I did it, they are both soft and clean, and smell wonderful.

In the third photo above, Jake has his blue bunny safely next to him for a nap. My friend, Cathy, gave each dog a bunny after Easter. Gracie's is pink, Jake's is blue. The pink bunny was missing one third of it's stuffing and both eyes within 3 hours. Gracie loves to destroy stuffed toys. Jake's bunny is still whole. If Gracie takes possession of it, all I have to do is tell Jake that she has his baby. He takes it back. This fascinates us, because years ago Cathy had a male and a female dog. Andy, the male, loved his stuffed toys and kept them whole. Abby, the female, tore hers apart and tried to do the same with Andy's toys. The exact same behavior as Gracie and Jake.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: dogs are better than HBO. Have a good one.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment