Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sick

Jake
Sometimes you do things for the dogs, thinking it is a treat. And then that incident turns around and bites you in the ass. Today is one of those days.

The dogs and I walked yesterday morning, early, before the heat came in. Central Indiana hit 89 degrees yesterday by 4p.m. After the walk, I took them to the dog park for about 30 minutes. They were tired and content....until about 6p.m. last night, when the second burst of energy kicked in. I wasn't feeling my best, so instead of taking them for another walk I put them in the car for a ride. To Dairy Queen. Yeah. I took two small containers with us in the car, and ordered a waffle cone. The girl at the window saw the guys in the back, and threw in 2 dog treats. So they each had a dog treat with about 3 tablespoons of Dairy Queen.

Maybe it was due to being the first Dairy Queen of the season. Maybe due to the sudden high heat. But I had indigestion big time last night, and this morning Jake is sick. He won't eat, except for grass, and won't play. I see a vet visit in our very near future. I absolutely hate it when one of the dogs is sick, because you are second guessing what is wrong. And it worries me constantly until they are better.

Sometimes it's hell being a mom.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment