Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Flowers

Heirloom Iris

Columbine

Bees Balm

the last bud on the flowering crab tree

the dogs ignoring their mom

It is a beautiful, slightly chilly spring day. The light is perfect for taking photos, so I just came in from snapping the above. Rain is in the forecast, and I'm afraid I won't get too many more shots of the Heirloom Iris that just opened up yesterday.

For the first time since I bought the house, there are nesting birds in the flowering crab apple tree. I am thrilled. I love to hear the sounds of birds right outside the kitchen window. No little heads are popping up, so I'm not sure if I missed the babies, or they have yet to hatch. I hope there will be more nests. I have planted 6 trees around the house in the past 3 years, along with a variety of shrubs and perennials.  To me, it just isn't a home unless there is a garden.

Enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment