Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tug of War

Mine!

I had it first, Gracie!

We're going this way.

Mom! He's being a brat.
It takes so little to get them involved with a game in the yard. All I have to do is pick up one of the tug toys and pretend that I want it. And they're off. Another way to get them to play, run around a bit, is to exit the house with the shedding combs in my hands. Boy, do they play then. I imagine the thought process behind this little avoidance maneuver is "if we are playing and getting some exercise, she won't try to comb us." Gracie is a master at avoidance.

We've been walking in the woods at one of the local parks, on dirt paths that climb and wind around. I am enjoying it, and I think the dogs are too. New smells, new sights. They also get to go in the creek to cool off their paws. This weather has been perfect for our hikes.

Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment