Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Flowers

"Pinks" that grow along the sidewalk leading to the front door

This is a small clump of Columbine in the front

Love these tiny flowers

Another view of the patch alongside the sidewalk
I love gardens in the spring. They still look fresh, with such a variety of greens in the foliage. As I was downloading these photographs into the computer, the local weatherman stated that we will be down into the 20's, at night, by this weekend.

Well, crap! I tried to protect the Hibiscus out front with grass clippings last week. It worked on one plant, not on both. So I will be putting out old sheets and towels over plants when this cold front hits. It was such a mild winter, I guess Mother Nature is making us pay for it now.

Stop and admire some flowers today. It will lift your spirits.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment