Friday, April 13, 2012

Random Thoughts




I haven't made any greeting cards in over a month. I miss it, so today I plan on getting into that room and working, if only for an hour. Found these two cards on one of the work tables. I had forgotten about them. The first card was done with a Crafty Secrets stamp. That company, one of my favorites, is going digital and will stop producing stamp sets this year. Makes me sad. The second card is with a new line of Bo Bunny paper. Cathy received a stack of samples and gave them to me. That works.

About a month ago, I cut down the decorative grasses that I have planted around the yards. The one that grows on the north side of the house gets to about 4 1/2 feet, so I thought it would make a great decoration for the house. After cutting and banding the grass with a pull tie, I was off to Hobby Lobby to purchase a container. My intent was to buy something in metal, but when I saw this green glass, I fell in love with the muted color. This is still a work in progress. I think. The last photo is the redone wall in the living room. A little furniture rearranging, and the wall just came into being. This is also not yet done. Sometimes you just have to live with it for awhile. I am like that when creating something as well. If I'm not sure if I like it, I just walk away and let it sit. Go back the next morning and look at it, maybe leave it, maybe complete the project.

Yesterday I decided to walk the dogs at a park we don't often visit, Washington Township Park in Avon. The trails are all dirt with many tree roots, so I have to be careful when walking. The dogs were in heaven. I think Jake lifted his leg on 5 trees within 25 feet of the parking lot. They both got to cool off their paws in the creek. I forgot to grab my little camera and regret it. It was so peaceful, so beautiful. We saw hundreds of wildflowers. I think we'll return today.

Have a wonderful day. Enjoy yourselves.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment