Sunday, February 12, 2012

School Album






Good Morning. It is very cold in central Indiana. Good day to stay inside and work on projects, which is exactly what I am going to do after cleaning the house. Dog hair is everywhere.

I had this chipboard left over from another project, so decided to use the last of the ABC Primer papers from Graphic 45, combined with some old Basic Grey solids, and make a mini album. The stamped images are also Graphic 45. I love using their stamps. The images are crisp and clear, and always vintage. The products are available (except the Basic Grey which is really, really old) at Allyscraps.

Cathy and I are going in 58 directions at once. The creative juices are once again flowing, but this time with material. I want to learn how to silk screen, which is basically screen printing on fabric. I have seen some samples on Pinterest, and was just blown away. I also want to try transferring images with a natural solvent. Found that on a blog. Cathy wants to make primitive dolls, which I would then paint and scruff up. I can do that. I can't sew. It's a mental block, I swear. I can't sew a straight line. But finishing the dolls would not be a problem. Knowing our own strengths is a good thing.


Back to creative juices, one of the factors contributing to this latest surge is the addition of daylight. The local news stated on February 1st that we gain 67 minutes of daylight in the month of February. I don't know about you, but more light makes me feel better. Spring really is within reach.

Enjoy yourselves today. In whatever you do.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment