Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Lazy Saturday

A new home decor item

close up of the "seed packets"

eggs on the dining room table

and then we have pears on the table...

a new wreath
The last few days I've been on the puny side, health-wise. I certainly hope this ends soon. I'm not into pain. But before the puny stage, I was extremely busy.

We found these wooden boxes at Dollar Tree, and decided they made a handy little frame for whatever strikes us. I painted one this pretty garden green, I think the name of the paint is Clover by Americana, and let that inspire me for the garden theme. I like it. So if no one else likes it, I get to keep it. I do have ulterior motives at times... The seed packets within the frame are simply stamped images from a gardening set I picked up somewhere. I found the mini shovel at the Covered Bridge Festival in a booth that was selling a lot of items along this line. The fence has been die cut from heavy paper.

Then a drunk, giant chicken wandered into the house and laid eggs. Looks like it, doesn't it? Those are paper mache, and I first painted 2 coats of craft paint, then antiqued them for the primitive look. They turned out good. Next up: the same thing done to paper mache pears. I really like these, and so does Cathy. So I may have to do more if these three suddenly disappear from the shop and end up on her country cabinet in her family room.

Last is a wreath. In the old days (!!!) we (my husband and I) would sell about 20 wreaths at each craft show we did. He would cut out the wood parts, I painted them and put the wreaths together. I made wreaths for every season, but the most popular were gardening and Christmas. Could not make them fast enough, so I decided to try just this one and see what the reaction will be.

Have a great weekend. Stay warm. Stay healthy.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment