Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thinking Spring

Bunny for sale at Allyscraps. No, I didn't make it.

I didn't do it, mom. Really.

Mexican standoff. Jake is holding what is left of a toy.
Tomorrow I plan on rearranging the bunnies and anything else that says SPRING in the store. Even though we have had an exceptionally mild winter, I am so done with it. Wishing for really warm weather, with no chance of snow. Just not a winter person. But first we have to get through Super Bowl. I am also not a football person. It will be an interesting week, from a point of observation. Far from the stadium.

The balance of who rules in the house has shifted. I am surprised, because I never thought Gracie would give up her number one position. She was the alpha dog when Sarge was with us, and certainly when Jake first came home from the shelter. But as he has adjusted, she has let him rule a bit more.

The piece of red fabric in the photo is what is left from a stuffed penguin my friend Melissa gave the dogs for Christmas. Jake loves stuffed toys that squeak. Gracie hates the squeakers. So she rips the toys apart and removes them, usually within 15 minutes. Poor Jake played with the penguin about an hour, then Gracie snatched it and removed everything inside. A war ensued. Hence, this is what remains. Oddly enough, the red piece is still in existence and they will play tug with it.

My yard is a field of pieces of fabric, from pull toys, stuffed animals, etc. Whatever makes them happy. Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment