Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Store


This is the primitive craft section of Allyscraps, what you see as you enter the store. The paper craft products are in the mid section to the back of the store. Cathy and I both feel there are still holes in the display, but we're working on it.

The green shutters were my Christmas Eve bargain. I found these at an antique/craft type store on old Route 41, south of Attica, IN. I have gone past this place for years, but never stopped. Coming home on Christmas Eve, I noticed it was open and pulled in. Glad that I did, because it turned out to be a treasure trove of items we could use.

I had already picked up several pieces when I noticed these shutters, which are not quite 5 feet in length. I wanted them, but I was about 60 miles from home driving a mid-size Ford. Hmmmmm. So I went up to the two young girls who were at the counter, and told them that I'd buy the shutters if they could help me get them in the car. Dang, it was windy that day. Sunny, bright and cold, and really windy. We had all four doors open on the car, and after a lot of maneuvering and laughing, we made it.

I then drove around town for 3 days with these in the passenger seat of my car before I figured out how to get them out by myself. Yes, I am nuts.

Have yourself a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment