Friday, January 27, 2012

Moving right along...

Recipe Box that will be a class at Allyscraps

Love this new stamp

Love the new wreath stamp

I have a thing for circles...have you noticed?

Yes, I have been very busy. I am no longer questioning this rush of productivity, just moving on down the line and enjoying it. Anyone who creates anything in any medium knows that eventually you will hit a wall. A very large, brick wall, when your mind turns to mush and your energy level hits the basement. This winter, I am flying high.

Cathy wanted a class just a bit different for the store, so she gave me a paper mache recipe box to play with. This is what I came up with. Those wooden embellishments are from Kaiser Craft, and the photo doesn't do them justice. They really do look like mini antique utensils on the sides of the box.

The cards are just pure play. I pull out some papers, see what goes with what, pull out some stamps, and the process begins. Sometimes, not always, one ends up in the trash. It just takes a left turn and goes wrong. I have become pretty darn good at salvaging mistakes. As when you stamp on the base of the card, and the ink wasn't evenly distributed. Yeah, I have a million ways to cover that little mishap up. So the process is now easier. Whatever, I'm having fun.

On a side note: we are one week away from the Superbowl in Indianapolis. There is not a hotel room available anywhere. Parking is booked for miles. Lots to do in the city, starting tonight. I don't care, I am not a football fan. I am not a sports fan. If you are, great. I just don't have any interests in that direction. But I heard something interesting on the news yesterday. Our local news is nothing but Super City for the Super Bowl. The NFL is a not for profit organization. Therefore, any employees of the NFL that spend money in our state while doing business for the NFL do not have to pay any taxes to the state of Indiana. Because of this fact, it was estimated the state would lose over $220,000.  I understand the concept, someone in the universe needs to explain to me why the NFL has NFP status. Say what???

Thoughts to ponder. Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment