Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More Year in Review

One of the balconies at the Biltmore Estate

View from the roof tour

Dude!

Detail on one of the enormous flower pots
Pat and I left Avon early on the morning of May 1st, 2011. I drove to Asheville, NC. It was a slightly stressful trip for two reasons: we drove through the mountains and foothills of eastern Kentucky, TN., and northwestern North Carolina, and it rained. Now, there are different degrees of rain. This was the type that, at times, you were lucky to see your hand in front of your face. In the mountains. With big trucks all over.

I'd to it again in a heart beat. I do have Pat's permanent finger prints embedded in the leather dash of my car, but still, I'd do it all again.

We had always wanted to see the Biltmore Estate. It was wonderful. Asheville is a beautiful area, a little isolated gem in the south. The thinking and attitudes of the locals is not typically southern. We did a night ghost tour, walked the historic downtown area several times - all of it uphill, never down - and ate some great meals.

If you plan on touring Biltmore, please consider the roof tour. It was an additional $18, but our thinking is this: are we going to come back to this place? Are we going to leave with regrets for not having done something? And that settles the question of whether or not we do something. Works every time.

Thanks for stopping by. I needed a break from working on crafts and cards. The creative juices have been kicked into high gear this past week. I need to steer that drive towards my photography once again.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment