Monday, December 5, 2011

Sleigh bells......

Pic taken from above so you can see inside

Back of sleigh

Side

Another shot from above
I love crafts. I love doing scrapbook pages and cards. And for whatever reason, I have been in high gear this year. The above is the Kaiser Craft sleigh that comes in five pieces that you quickly assemble. Naked. Yeah, naked wood type stuff turns me on.....

So I first primed it in white paint, thinking of a white sleigh with lots of silver trim. But the paper I had didn't say silver, it talked to me of gold. Burnished gold. After looking at the primed piece in the craft room for a few days, with the dogs asking why we kept going in there to stare at this thing, I pulled out a bottle of Ranger's Gold Dabber. Only I didn't dab it, I used a brush to accent. My original intention was to just do the edges, but it was just too pretty to stop. In a few spots, I also used a little Ranger Vintage Photo Distress ink. That really added a little extra to the gold.

After finishing the sleigh with the Kaiser Craft paper, I cut some greenery from a cheap Dollar Tree wreath, and threw in some foil ornaments, also from Dollar Tree. The Santa images are from the Kaiser Craft Christmas paper. That little cream colored envelope? I cut it out with a die from Papertrey Ink. The sleigh stamp in green is also from Papertrey.

This was so much fun to do. It now sits in the store, which is where you can buy all of the supplies. Allyscraps. Click on the link to the right to get to the blog and store.

Hope your weather is better than ours. I need a boat. Seriously, we have flood warnings all over Indiana. This is the same area that was willing to do a rain dance just 3 months ago. Crazy, isn't it? Have a good one.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment