Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Challenge

Dega

You can see his eyes. Isn't that nice?

The problem child
Jake needs a haircut. Not all over, because I really like the rough look of his coat. He's all raggedy and adorable, and I think it just suits his personality perfectly. But the hair on the his face gets into his eyes, and so I kept it trimmed all summer. I don't know if it's the change in weather, or the dog is getting wise, or what, but I have tried numerous times in the past 7 days to give him a haircut.

Jake thinks I'm playing, and will wag that tail and bark. Gracie, who can't stand it if he gets one more micro second of attention, will then run to see what is going on. Because I'm trying to entice him to sit still, she then will grab his ass and they are off and running. Tonight I did manage to snip off an inch between his eyes, so he does look a bit better than he did. But a lot of trimming needs to be done. The boy is not buying it.

Dega's mom, Melissa, trims Degs face every few weeks. See how nice he looks? So handsome, so adorable. Dega simply jumps up on the patio table, and will let his mom whack away on his beard, the hair around his eyes, the entire head if she likes.

And then there is Jake.
Sigh.
What is a mom to do?
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment