Friday, September 2, 2011

We're Having a Heat Wave...

Gracie

Jake

Petunias on the deck. End of the line.
Our forecast for today is 101. Yes. 101. Do I live in Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona? Why no, I do not. I live in central Indiana. This has been one of the hottest summers in the history of record keeping for the weather.

I had the dogs at the park for our morning walk by 7am. I am so glad I did. When we finished at 8am, it was already sticky hot, they were panting, and I was ready to quit. Gave them some water and we headed for home and the air conditioning. The backyard is still in shade, so we sat outside and enjoyed the warm breeze for over an hour. The remainder of the day will be indoors until it cools tonight. "Cool" being a relative term. Tomorrow it is only (yes, only) going to be a high of 97. Whoopee.

Maybe it is an aspect of getting older, but I truly don't remember the extremes in weather that we have experienced in recent years. Layers of ice and snow in the winter months, stretches of 90 plus temperatures and no rain in the summer. Autumn is my favorite season, and I'm hoping it is just average. There is nothing wrong with being average. That would allow me to take the dogs for longer walks, inhaling the scent of the drying leaves. I love that.

Stay safe. Stay comfortable.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment