Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sneaky little boy

I am so innocent...

Don't bother me right now, okay?

Yesterday afternoon it was too blazing hot to do anything outdoors, so we were inside the house. I had cleaned, then went into the scrap book/craft mess room to work. After about 10 minutes I heard chewing. Moms: you know what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter how far away you are, or what other noise is in the background, your instincts kick in and you just know that they are up to something. Kids, dogs, grandkids, it doesn't matter who it is, you know.

I looked in the hallway. Gracie was in your usual spot, asleep. Couldn't find Jake in my room, or in the living room, so I glanced into the guest bedroom. No, not there. But then that noise started again. The guest bedroom is small and contains a queen size bed and two matching dressers made of oak. Big, heavy furniture. The bed sits high. Gracie can't fit under the bed, and neither could Sarge, so I have two large plastic storage containers for gift wrap and ribbon, shoved under this bed.

When I walked over towards the wall and looked down, there was 1 inch of hind leg sticking out, and the noise suddenly stopped. Uh huh. Little Shit can fit under the bed. I squeezed into this foot of space between the exterior wall and window, and the bed, and got down on my hands and knees. Jake looked at me, tail wagging like crazy. "Hi Mom!" He had maneuvered the lid off of one of the containers, and removed a spool of paper ribbon. It was between his front paws, and he was methodically shredding the ribbon into tiny pieces.

"That, young man, is a NO!" and I removed the spool and bits of ribbon from him. He crawled out, ears down, tail now wagging to save his life. Yeah, you are cute. Yeah, I forget that technically you are still a puppy. We think he'll be two in November, but it's a guess. The shelter got him as a stray.

I am going to seal the containers with duct tape. Not that this will deter him in any way, but maybe it can slow him down.

Life is good.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment