Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cooler Days

Gracie's favorite spot, under the lounge chair

My boy on the deck
Jake needs a facial hair trim. The poor dude has eyebrows that grow every which way over his eyes. I did let it go, and realized he looked like something out of a horror movie, so now he gets a quick trim....when I can do it. There is the problem. He is pretty good sitting still, but wants it all done with one snip of the scissors. After that first snip, I'm out of here, mom. I think it's the noise of the scissors. One thing I have discovered, dogs are extremely sensitive to noise.

We had a playdate yesterday with a Wheaton Terrier named Dega. Dega brought a new toy. It was a homemade pull/tug made from scrap pieces of fleece. This is the type of stretchy, soft fleece that everyone is using to make blankets. You would have sworn this thing had been dipped in prime rib au jus. Jake went nuts, trotting around the yard with this in his mouth, daring Gracie and Dega to take it away. Gracie ignored it, spending her time trying to hump Dega or chasing him so she could hump him. Life with dogs, what can I say.

This weekend the dogs are going to the pet sitter in the country, something they love. She has a huge fenced in backyard with fresh smells. They love to sniff. I am going to be great-grandma for the weekend. Pray for me.

Enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment