Saturday, July 2, 2011

Uh huh

Isn't he just too cute? Not!

Today Gracie and I had an appointment to herd sheep at 10am. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to take Jake with us to sheep herding lessons. He barked. That is an understatement. He had everyone within 10 miles telling him to shut up. I couldn't bring him out of the car because his barking was interfering with the dog lesson of the moment. Leaving him in the car to bark was just as bad. So I left him at home.....alone.

Now when I have gone to work, grocery shopping, the movies, whatever, and Jake is home with Gracie, the most he has done is rearrange carpets. Wants to be an interior designer? Been watching HGTV in my absence? Who knows? I can live with entering my home and finding the runner normally in front of the door now situated in the living room.

But today, ahhh, today the little shit (I can say that, he is my dog) decided it was not fair that Gracie got to leave with mom and he had to stay home. The following was performed in the 3 hours we were gone: kitchen trash can that has a lid was overturned and garbage was strewn around the kitchen. He obviously put his paws and I am not sure what else in the water dish, because it had a layer of dirt in the bottom when I returned. There was a Fazoli bag on the kitchen table with half a bread stick in it. The bag was shredded to tiny pieces, and the bread stick was gone. The pillows on my bed had been rearranged to suit whatever positions Jake decided were comfortable.

I hate to do this, but I see the boy spending the next sheep herding lesson in the crate. Probably come home and find him out of the crate with a screwdriver in his mouth, said crate dismantled. Clever little shit, my boy. On the other hand, this coming Wednesday we start "manners" class. That is Jake and I start manners classes. Gracie must stay at home.

Help me, Rhonda.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment