Monday, June 27, 2011

Rain and sun

My new cone flower plant

Miss Gracie after playing in the wet grass

They are so cute together
We had thunder storms this morning. When there was a break, I took the dogs for what turned out to be a very long walk. Jake has developed a love of entering the small creek in the park. Gracie will only get her paws wet, not wanting to venture into deeper water. Jake, on the other hand, likes to leap in the water, pushing his face down into it. He is such a happy little guy.

I had decided that the front flower beds needed to be filled out some more, so picked up two cone flower plants this spring. I know these will spread, and eventually I'll have to split them up and relocate into different beds, but I like the cream color instead of the traditional purple. The finches love the cone flower seeds, so I don't dead head my plants even though they can look kind of ugly after awhile. I can put up with that to draw the beautiful yellow birds.

The sun is out for a brief period. More storms coming our way. I am so enjoying this weather, because it's not snow or ice or frigid temps. Love it.
Have a great day.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment