Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rantings of a woman

Well. First off, my friend Carol was robbed at the dog park last night. This was around 6pm. There were only 4 dog owners in the park, and we were back in the shade, enjoying the breeze, just talking. A maroon van pulled into the parking lot, and we thought it was the Wheaton Terrier, Dega. (Not driving, Melissa, his mom would be driving). But the van stayed a moment, then left. We never saw anyone get out. My car was locked, with my purse on the front seat, but Carol's car was unlocked, and they took her purse.

There are several points here that piss me off. We pay to use this park, and it isn't necessarily cheap. There are a lot of dog owners that balk at the fee, and will not use it. So basically that makes it a private park, to a certain extent. So what gives any yahoo the right to pull into the lot and think they can browse for stuff to steal? What gives any moron the right to victimize people in a public place? Carol must now cancel credit cards, bank accounts, get a new drivers license, and watch her credit rating like a hawk. My solution is that I will no longer take my purse with me to the dog park. Just the park pass and car keys.

Second Rant:This morning I was driving home from taking the dogs for a walk at Townhall park, and an older sedan was in front of me in the left turn lane. The driver was way down in the seat, bald, obviously older, and his driving was erratic. I am being kind. His driving sucked big time. Stop, start, stop, start, weave. This man had handicap plates on the vehicle. Okay, that happens. Don't have a problem with that. But as I followed this gentleman, I noticed that there were what appeared to be bullet holes in the back of the car. Really? Imagine that. Crappy driver, bullet holes. Hmmmm. Is there a correlation there? I think so.

So now we will have to be vigilant at the dog park, not relaxed, and wary of all strange vehicles that pull in. Rumor has it that this is happening all over the area. Yes, it is a sign of the times, a reaction to the economy. But dude, if the dog owners catch you, it will not be pleasant. Oh, no. Several suggestions have been made. Let us just say you will think twice before continuing a life of thievery.


Have a good day. Be safe, please.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment