Saturday, June 18, 2011

Jake Revisited

The boy in the backyard

It has been suggested, repeatedly, by a dog mom friend that I have Jake professionally groomed. She thinks he needs to be shaved and put into some type of Schnauzer cut. Uh huh.

Who knows what his DNA is. I don't care. I happen to think that his scruffy fur matches his personality. He is still a puppy. I'll never know exactly how old he is. The vet seems to feel he is around 18 months. I'm thinking younger, and the pet sitter agrees with me. Again, it doesn't matter.

Jake has been with us for almost 6 weeks now. This is 6 weeks of good nutrition, being combed and bathed, getting lots of love. We walk every day, go to the dog park whenever possible, and have plenty of interaction with Gracie. His coat has filled in and is growing longer. Perhaps someone had tried to trim him at home before he became a stray. The fur on his back was extremely wiry when I adopted him, and now is getting softer.

He is one happy little guy. We love him a lot.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment