Friday, June 10, 2011

Amusing




Playtime is almost a constant thing in our house now. But Gracie, smart little Aussie that she is, has found out that the best way to avoid mom is to play with Jake. Like when I pull out the shedding rake and comb. Gracie hates to be combed, no matter what you use. I can understand the Furminator, because it can be a little rough, but the shedding rake is a wide toothed steel comb that gently releases the undercoat. Doesn't matter. The Diva hates it.

So when I pull the implements of torture (in her eyes) out of the basket and head for the deck, she will go out with me, but immediately engages her brother in play. Mom is patient. I wait them out. They will play hard, chasing one another, rolling around for about 5 minutes. Then it's a short break.

Today I got a pile of undercoat out of her. For those not familiar with Aussie's coats, this is like the finest angora. Very light. I had a pretty good size pile that I laid down next to the deck, and Jake took off with it. Fur everywhere, had to pull a bunch of it out of his mouth. Sigh.

Jake loves to be combed. So far, Jake loves everything about me, Gracie, and this home. Life is very good.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment