Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rest In Peace









The call came around 8 this morning. Carol had witnessed a Sheltie on the side of the road, with a van pulled over. I should check. Then the veterinary clinic we go to called. My heart was in my throat, because I knew what they were going to say. Sarge had been hit and killed. The identity had been made by the rabies tag, and his collar. He still had his blue collar on, with his name and my phone number embroidered on it.

My baby boy is gone.

At least he is no longer searching for me. At least he is no longer hungry and cold. That doesn't stop the pain or the hole in my heart. My boy won't be coming home.

Rest in peace, my boy. Play with all of the other dogs that have passed. May you have a special place in heaven, for you will always have a special place in my heart.

We love you.
Mom and Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment