Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh, well

I set the dog trap last night on my deck, and opened the gate that Sarge left through. I was told by several rescue organizations that using Kentucky Fried Chicken, sans bones, is the best bait to catch a dog.

I can verify that as absolute truth.

Did I catch Sarge? Hell, no. But Gracie, the dog who lives with me, the dog who is so well fed she may have to go on a diet, the dog that doesn't need another morsel of anything, drove me bonkers all night wanting out. Unfortunately, letting Gracie out in the normal manner (opening the back door) was not possible due to the open gate. So mom had to get dressed, put on a coat, put her on leash, and go out with her. I'd walk her to the open gate, close the gate, then drop the leash so she could run around and do whatever she needed to do.

Which was try to figure out how to get those tasty smelling morsels of food in the back of this funny looking contraption. I had an old towel and blanket over the dog trap, and was weighing those down with small bundles of wood. The idea is to turn the trap into a cave, so the dog will try to enter. Had I not been out there with Gracie, I'm sure it would have worked. She kept sniffing the entry, sticking her nose in there.

Now if it would only work on Sarge......
Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment