Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday night with the girls

My friend, Vicky, took the past week for spring break and went to Las Vegas with her family. Her flight lands tonight, but Lily the Silly Foxhound was at Paws-ability all week in boarding. If she didn't get out by 6, it would be one more night in a kennel. So Auntie Linda brought her home.

Gracie had been moping all day, not quite feeling herself. Well.. Just bring another dog in the house, and the Diva Princess just perked right up. The "look" I got was, "Oh, no, mom, she is not staying. No way. No how. Not Lily". They play. Gracie barks to let Lily know that it is HER house and HER mom. Lily keeps running to the window, wondering where her mom is.

Paw prints are everywhere.

But this is what dog people do, when a friend needs a helping hand. We help. We just do. And I never realized how much until the past two weeks. Everyone was there for me, so I am there for them. No questions, no qualms. You just are. It isn't expected, it isn't demanded. It is just the way everyone treats a fellow animal lover.

My kind of people. Have a great weekend.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment