Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lost

This is Sarge. Those that have been following this blog know that I rescued him from Wisconsin in October, 2009. It took a long time for this dog to trust me. But once he realized he was in his forever home, he warmed up to me being his mom, to Gracie being the bratty sister he never had.

Yesterday morning, I let the dogs out into the fenced in backyard. Both gates were securely closed. They were playing, so I went into my bathroom to do my hair and makeup. Gracie's barking intensified, and 15 minutes after I let them out (8:15am) I went to the back door. There stood Gracie, no Sarge, and one of the gates was open.

Total panic. I ran around the house, around the neighbors homes, yelling for him. Nothing. Got in the car with Gracie and my cell phone and started cruising the neighborhood, yelling his name out the window. Talked to 3 or 4 people out walking. No sight of this dog. I had my cell phone with me, and started making calls. It is amazing how many friends I have through ownership of two dogs. The network was in place, and it took off like lightning. Within 30 minutes Dan from Pawsability was there in my area looking. Later in the day, Cheryl from the dog park, Cathy and her brother Herk from the scrap book store were also searching.

Yes, I have been to the police, animal shelters, pound, and not found him. My theory is that someone opened the gate and dognapped this animal. THAT was the reason Gracie's barking was constant.

I am heartbroken. I cried more yesterday than I have cried in the past 10 years. I am angry. If the person or persons who took my pet, MY PET! were in front of me this second, they would suffer. How dare anyone inflict this kind of agony on another person? For what? For a few hundred dollars they might get in a black market sale? So I have taken the initiative and I am offering $1,000.00 for the safe return of this dog. He is mine. He is part of my family. I know his soul. And I know without a doubt that without this home, this family, Sarge will shut down and die. I must do whatever I can to get him back before too much damage can't be undone.

Think about what this society has become. It's frightening.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment