Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Backyard fun

What is that? Something I should bark at?
Birds flying overhead are always amusing
I'm bored, Mom
You do realize Gracie is nuts, don't you?
Rain again. And it will turn to snow. I wonder if the suicide rate increases in the Midwest during the winter months? If you allow it, this crap can depress you. We try not to allow that to happen. Yesterday the sun did stop shining, but it had warmed up into the 50's (a heat wave, folks!), so we spent close to two hours at the dog park.

To make sure the dogs keep moving, I walk the perimeter of the fenced dog park. Sarge will always walk alongside of me. If I stop, he stops right next to me. There are days that he runs and plays with Gracie or the other dogs, acting normal. Or as close to normal as Sarge can get. And then there are days like yesterday. He was fine for the first 15 minutes, then some noise, some smell, spooked him. Once spooked, you can kiss any normal activity good-bye. He was glued to my side for the remainder of the time. Gracie tried her best to get him to play, but no, he wasn't having it.

I wish I could crawl into his head for just a few minutes, and tell him it will be alright. Sigh.


Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment