Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dogs waiting for Spring

My ball
MINE! You can try, Sarge...
The main reason why mom does not have flowers in an unprotected flower bed
Mom, does my new coat make my butt look big?
The grass is finally turning green again. The dogs know that spring is in the air, and Gracie in particular is ready for warmer weather and play time in the yard. Sarge just wants to lie down in the abandoned flower bed and rest, watching his sister run around and bark at everything.

We're almost back to walking on a daily basis. I keep reminding myself that March is the month of transition, with more cold days than warm. But you can feel the difference already. Sunlight now has the ability to warm you, not just be present.

Just about everyone complained bitterly last summer of the intense heat, and then the severe drought. This year I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Heat is welcome after months of endless ice and snow. I long to open the windows and air out the house. Looking forward to mowing the grass, smelling the freshly mowed lawn. And seeing blue skies, not grey, not overcast, blue sky and white fluffy clouds.

Hope springs eternal.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment