Monday, February 28, 2011

Storms

She wants us to look at her...don't do it.

No, I won't look

Fake spring. Hey, works for me.
So we're back to dampness, cold, windchills, and grey skies. Yeah, this is fun. Central Indiana had a major storm push through last night. I woke up when the warning sirens went off the first time, at 2a.m.

I would love to know what goes on inside a dog's head when a storm approaches. Sarge is one of those nervous dogs that doesn't tolerate loud noises, or thunderstorms. I allow him full access to the house, so he can find his own safe zone. Turns out he likes the bathtub in the hall bath. Unfortunately, he won't stay there. And that is the thought process I would really like to understand. If the safe place he chooses is safe NOW, why is it not safe in 3 minutes?

So he paces the hall, trots around the kitchen and dining room tables, paces the hall, and then jumps on the bed to check if I am still there. When in this manic phase, he won't lay down next to me. Gracie will and does. But Sarge has to keep moving. It must be some type of survival instinct.

Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of sleep last night. The sirens wailed 3 times between 2 and 3 a.m. Scary storm.

Whatever you do today, stay safe.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment