Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice Storm Part One

View from my kitchen window

One of the new River Birch trees planted in October
The fuzzy portion of the first photo is the ice that is on the kitchen window. It is quite thick, and has been there all night. The second photo is a new tree that I seriously doubt is going to make it through this storm. This is just the first part of the storm. Part two starts this afternoon.

The local news people are telling us to be prepared, which is a responsible thing to do. They recommend a packed back pack, stored water, food that can be eaten without being cooked, candles, matches, fresh batteries for your flashlights, etc. So this is my question: exactly where would I be walking, on what could be 2 inches of ice, with 2 dogs on leashes who are already spooked? If the electric does go out, and that is almost guaranteed, I will have no heat, no water, no internet (yikes!), and it could be days before power is restored. But this storm is hitting the entire state. Hello?

So think good thoughts, and I hope to be able to post again soon. The dogs and I are staying here, hunkered down.
Linda
 PS: I have added a widget to the sidebar for nutrition information. Just type in the food item you would like information on, and hit enter. Pretty handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment