Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ground Hog Day 2011


I seriously doubt the ground hog will come out of his hole today. I'm not going anywhere.... wind gusts up to 51 mph, 4 inches of new sleet last night, and snow predicted today. We are in a state of emergency, allowed on the roads only when necessary. It is going to be a second day of crafting, reading, watching old movies on tv.

This is a wooden frame I purchased at Michael's for a buck. They come sanded, ready to finish however you want. I used Graphic 45 paper and adhered it with Multi Medium. At first I tried to cut a piece to cover the entire frame at once. That didn't work, so I cut 4 pieces and placed them, then trimming as needed. This method was much easier. The musical tape on the inside of the frame is from Tim Holtz. Misc. embellishments, mostly from 7 Gypsies, were used on the front. My plan is to put a photo of my dad in this frame. He worked for the Illinois Central Railroad, in the office at 12th street in downtown Chicago.

So. The dogs, spoiled rotten creatures that they are, don't want to go outside in the wind and cold. This has been a very strange 24 hours. The temperatures are dropping now, but when Gracie woke me at 2am, water was dripping off the gutters across the back of the house, and the sleet had turned to slush on the deck. The temperature had come up, briefly, and melted some of the ice.

Wherever you are, please be careful and stay safe.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment