Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Word "Baby"

Crowe Family Christmas
In the above photograph, the woman to the left is my daughter-in-law, Mary. The young woman that you partially see smiling down is Jill, my granddaughter. Michael, my grandson, is holding Bella, my great granddaughter. Allie, the blond on the right, is my youngest granddaughter, Mary's daughter. Got all that? Whew!

And the dog is Gracie.

I call my dogs my babies. I am not the only dog mom that does that. Perhaps it's worse when you live alone with two dogs, I don't know. I had dogs when Ken, my husband, was living, and I called those dogs my babies. Ken always said he wanted to be reincarnated as one of my dogs....

So when the word "baby" is used, and that baby is at a family gathering, my dogs think we are talking to/about them. "Look at that baby!" someone will exclaim, and here comes Gracie. Not so much Sarge. He is usually hiding in the dining room. Too much noise, confusion, and chaos.

I don't see Bella often enough to do a basic training with Gracie and Sarge, so they know the difference. But thankfully everyone in the family will pet Gracie and tell her she is pretty, too. But she already knows that.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment