Thursday, January 6, 2011

Winter Images

The sunrise from my kitchen window

Frozen crabapples on the tree out front

I'm so bored!

Guarding the back door
Bits and pieces of wonderful sunrises and sunsets are visible from my windows. The full view is blocked by other houses in the subdivision. The play of mother nature's colors is incredible. It really brightens up my day to see the displays.

We again went sheepherding inside the horse arena, on a small horse ranch in Zionsville, IN. Gracie was into major avoidance mode, not wanting to listen to Leah. She was more interested in running all over the arena picking up horse poop. Yes, you did indeed read that right. She picks up horse poop. The dogs will do this to avoid listening to us. Wait. Let me rephrase that: MY dog will do that because she is a stubborn Aussie who doesn't want to listen. After discussing this with the trainers, I have decided we are better outdoors in the original, smaller pen at The Promised Land farm. So, baring frigid temperatures and snow, we are going to try again this weekend.

Sarge waits in the car. He can't be bothered with getting his paws dirty. He is Sheltie. Sigh.
Linda
 PS: I have just figured out how to adjust the width of the blog so the photographs could be extra large. I like it. Please let me know what you think! All comments are always welcome. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment