Friday, January 28, 2011

Misc Friday

From September 2010, in the backyard
Tonight I am going to see RAIN, the group that relates the story of the Beatles through music. They are appearing in Indianapolis at Butler University. I have heard from friends that this is a great show that will bring back a lot of good memories. I'm looking forward to it.

I came across another quote that I really like:
"Friendship is not diminished by distance or time, by imprisonment or war, by suffering or silence. It is in these things that it roots most deeply." Pam Brown

When we are young, our good friends have to be gathered around us, close, so we can't disconnect. But as you grow older, you realize that distance can enable a friendship to become stronger, more flexible, and far more binding than you ever thought possible. I have friends that I keep in contact with consistently that I have known for over 50 years. Friends, or at least good friends, can last longer than a lot of marriages. Sad, but true.

But there should always be room in your heart for a new friend. That is a wonderful experience as well.

Have a great day. Smile. Let someone into your heart.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment