Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Do NOT tell me you didn't buy mom a present!

You told me you would do it!
Christmas Eve.

I am working retail all day today. Shoot me now. But it shouldn't be toooooo bad. I've done this before when I thought I would really lose my mind, at a Sam's  Club in Terre Haute, IN. Not sure I ever want to do that again.

So today the pups are going to doggie day care because they are spoiled rotten brats, and they need to socialize. This way I don't have to fret about them home alone, in case I'm running late. Or rather, fret about the condition I'll find the house when I do get home.

Why is it that if appliances/electronic devices/whatever decide to break or stop functioning, they wait until the week before Christmas? This is my list so far: the water softener will no longer automatically recharge, the garage door opener has developed a mind of it's own that I do not understand, and the battery in my Blackberry (10 months old) will not hold a charge longer than 3 hours. The repair or replacement bills for these items could have made WONDERFUL Christmas presents, had they done this at Thanksgiving. Nooooo, not my devices! They are too clever for that.

Whatever you are doing today and tonight, enjoy yourselves. And as a side note, TCM is showing The Bishop's Wife tonight at 8pm eastern. Love Cary Grant.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment