Thursday, December 23, 2010

Uh Huh!

Something to mediate upon
A few random thoughts here:

It is a stressful time of year, so I thought we could all use something from warm weather to mediate upon. There are times we can just step out our front door and look at what nature creates. I need to remember that today.

Snow on the ground. More snow to come. We are definitely having a white Christmas. In fact, the forecast says it will snow all Christmas day. Oh, goodie.

We are going to start sheepherding again next week. But this time it is indoors in a covered arena. Not heated, but covered. This should be interesting. We've missed so much due to the weather. It has either rained or been just too cold (with the wind chill) for me to be out there. I admit it, I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold. And I do dress for it, complete with long underwear and layers of sweatshirts. But still......

I received some money as a gift for Christmas, early, and decided to purchase something I have been considering for months: an ereader. I bought a Color Nook from Barnes and Noble. Just finished charging it, and now need to set it up. Not sure why I am so reflective this week, but buying this made me think of my dad. He was a voracious reader, and I wonder what he would say about holding a device in your hands that can hold over 6,000 books? Of course, he would have been amazed at the internet and digital photography as well. My friend Pat has a Kindle and loves it. I like the idea of being able to carry something in my purse that can have a multitude of books or magazines for me to read. With this model, you can also access the net at any WiFi hot spot.

I do love living with this technology. Amazing. Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment