Friday, October 1, 2010

The Farm

The barn

Two lambs cut from the herd for the packing exercise

View of the field

One of the sheds

Another barn door
I love to take pictures of old barns. I always have. Not sure what the fascination is, but I think it's the colors, and the fact that some of these structures stand alone on the landscape against the elements. You know that these  buildings are older than you (which is old), and have housed generations of animals.

The above are some of the buildings on the farm where we do sheep herding classes. The light last Sunday morning was heavily overcast, and perfect for taking photos. I couldn't resist.

Today is October 1st, and here in Central Indiana we have frost warnings for this Sunday night. Say what? It was just a week ago I turned off the air conditioning, because we had that stretch of 90's again.  To tell you the truth, I'm happy to see this summer exit. It was brutal. The month of September is going in the  books as the fourth driest on record. Not good. But that is just here, in this part of the state. North and south of us it has rained.

Gracie, Sarge and I are getting ready to head to the park for a walk. Gracie will be in seventh heaven, Sarge will be a nervous wreck. The boy just is not happy unless we are on the way back to the car.  But he needs the exercise, so I talk to him the entire time and hope for the best. Have a wonderful weekend.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment