Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mother Nature

This certainly has been a year of weather extremes. Today it is 84 degrees, which is normal for this part of Indiana. I love to get out and take photographs in the spring, summer, and fall. But due to the heat and humidity, I haven't been out as much this year as I have in previous years. But here are a few images I thought you might like. The first is a trail at Brown County State Park, south of Indianapolis. This is a beautiful park and I do recommend it if you are ever visiting central Indiana.  There was a small lake along this trail, and the wind had died completely. The reflections of the trees and clouds are perfect in the water, not a ripple to disturb them.

The third photograph is a flower, and yeah, I know I should know what flower this is. It's white and real purty....hydrangea, maybe? Anyway, I liked how the light was playing on the bloom, giving it a lot of depth. This was taken on the grounds of the Indianapolis Museum of Art. All photos are from late June of this year.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment