Monday, August 9, 2021

So. What's new?

Jill Biden's photo is from the cover of Vanity Fair, which the entire trump clan protested. I had to use it.

Added a wash of white paint to tone down that green a bit

Water color in the Canson journal. Still my favorite medium.

Acrylic paint and collage, from Klara!

Just another hot mess

We have been working on abstracts. Not going well. Not at all

This isn't really done, but the journal is full, so yeah, done.

File folder journal I made, started March 22nd, finished today, while working in various other journals as well. 

Gracie on my deck, looking for Meranda.

Oh, Jake. Belly rub time.

These are so pretty, but I have lost petunia plants this year like crazy.

 It's raining. Yes!!! Have not had any rainfall to speak of in over 3 weeks, so this is welcome. The dogs are pissed, but they'll get over it. 

I pulled out my water colors yesterday, and so enjoyed doing that girl. It dawned on me that working with water colors doesn't require a lot of drying time. They dry fast, and so the artistic process of trying something is instant. Maybe that's why I love that medium so much. You can finish a journal spread in an hour, fan the page, and then turn it and move on. That's my plan for this afternoon. See how much I get done with Gracie, the master whiner, complaining about her life. Gracie is a con artist when it comes to food. One of the best. She now wants dinner at 11am. Her reasons are she gets me out of bed at 5am, we all have breakfast at 5:30, so yeah, dinner at 11 is reasonable, mom. Mom. Are you not listening to me, mom????

Enjoy your day. OH, by the way. I received a second bill for my second visit to the Illinois Toll Roads. Yes, indeed. This one is due August 22nd. I paid the first one, then copied everything and sent in a letter of complaint well over a month ago. Then had to use the toll road again, to visit my stepson. Yep. The system didn't work a second time. So this time I complained online. "We will get back to you within 48 hours." That was 8 days ago. Am I upset? No, not really. Did I expect anything different out of the state government of Illinois? No, I did not. But am I going to let this go? OH, hell no. So the plan is to pay this invoice before the due date, and write a letter of complaint every week. When I hit a dozen, and don't have an answer, think I will contact one of our local Indy television stations that help people out with problems like this. 

I sure do know how to have a good time, don't I? Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment